Blog Navigation

SELECT Older Posts BUTTON AT BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SEE MANY MORE PHOTOS OR EXPAND BLOG ARCHIVE TREE TO RIGHT.

Please also vist my global photography website at: www.rdyoungphotos.com

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thai Gold Baht Chains

A group of crewmembers checking out the goods at a small jewelry shop - 1973. I think this is in the city of Sattahip, Thailand, a few miles west of Utapao Airbase on the Gulf of Siam coast. Popular items were gold Four Seasons Bracelets, and pure gold Thai baht chains … baht was a unit of weight (also a form of currency) … thus there were one, two, three, etc. baht chains describing the size (weight) of the chain in gold.

3 comments:

  1. That young man with the ball cao is Lt Col Phil Reide, Commander 345 TAS.
    Muff Millen April 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muff ... thanks for comment. I remember you along with Lt Col Reide ... he was from Jersey
    City as was my dad who just turned 90. Hope life has been good to you. Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. My name is Donna Riede-Maher and Col. Riede is my father. My father passed away 2 months ago (age 83) and I am putting together an album of historical photos and articles of Operation Homecoming. Would you have photos of him that you would be willing to share with our family? Thank you. Donna (Donna.maher60@gmail.com)

      Delete