Blog Navigation

SELECT Older Posts BUTTON AT BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SEE MANY MORE PHOTOS OR EXPAND BLOG ARCHIVE TREE TO RIGHT.

Please also vist my global photography website at: www.rdyoungphotos.com

Sunday, May 15, 2011

DaNang Passenger Terminal and Loading Area

I'm sure many of today's older veterans may have passed through this area during the Vietnam War years. Pictured is the no-frills passenger terminal area at DaNang Airbase, Vietnam as it was in 1972. This area was right next to the aircraft parking ramp where loading of both passengers and cargo often occurred. The slanted fences are jet blast barriers  for protection against nearby engine run-ups. The building to far right has the acronym "ALCE" on the front ... as I recall that was the Air Logistics Control Center for the base. Hopefully red-white checkered water tower made for more attractive target for incoming morning wake-up call rockets than living quarters.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. Goods Lift, Passenger lift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when it got hit by a rocket.I was there with 1st MAW.

    ReplyDelete